Thursday, February 17, 2011

It has been over a year since the last time I updated my blog which is pretty unacceptable. I actually received an email from my friend Ethan the other day threatening me to update my blog or he would remove me from his blog. I obviously did not want that to happen so I finally decided after a solid year to write an update! Below is the email he sent me...


Dear Recipient,

You are receiving this e-mail because your personal blog is listed on the web site of http://ebrownracing.com. It has recently come to the attention of the EBrown Racing staff that it has been over one year since you last updated your blog. Because of the popularity of http://ebrownracing.com and its commitment to provide the latest and most relevant information in the pro triathlete blogosphere, the staff here would like to officially inform you that if you do not update your blog in 10 days (by the 22nd of February), jenniferspieldenner.blogspot.com will be removed as a link from http://ebrownracing.com, thus greatly reducing traffic to your web site. The staff here encourages you to update your blog in order to prevent this from happening, however, we will be forced to take action in the event that you disregard this notice.

Take Care,

The Staff at http://ebrownracing.com


So the past year was filled with a ton of ups and downs. I was injured for a solid 4 months and in all honesty didn't really have one race that I was happy with. I guess everyone has those years, but after coming off a great year in 2009 it was hard for me to deal with. I made some big changes at the end of last year. I decided to leave the coach I had been working with for two years and I started working with Paulo Sousa. At the end of 2010 Paulo started a high performance triathlon squad which meant that the athletes he chose to be in his squad would be training together in camp environments while he was there on deck at every session. When I heard about this I knew that I was not going to let an opportunity like this pass me by! I have always wanted to train in a group because it is proven to improve performance immensely. I also think it is extremely important for me to have my coach at sessions.

Right now I am currently in Tuscon, Arizona for the Triathlons Squad's second camp. Our first camp was in January in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The camps are awesome, tough, and challenging. I have learned a lot about myself these past couple of months that I know will help me in the future to become the best athlete I can be. I have a lot of work left to put in before I get to the level I want to be at, but I am determined and dedicated to getting the work done in order for me to get there! I am going to try to update a lot more regularly than I did this past year. I hope everyone's training is going well and you are all excited about the racing season!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment