Monday, February 1, 2010

First Month in Chula!

I can't believe that I have already been in Chula for a month! Time has seriously flown by so fast. This past week was a much needed recovery week after a 3 week build that was by far the hardest I've trained this year. I told the lifeguard at the pool last Monday that this was my recovery week and he immediately asked "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be enjoying a pizza and a beer?" HA! I wish! I had to tell him that a recovery week is just a dummed down version of a normal training week. A little less intensity and volume. Anyways here is a little recap of the past month.....

So for the first two weeks that I was out here I had the pleasure of training with another triathlete, Amanda Felder. We were perfect training partners for each other. It worked out nicely because we are both coached by the same person so he coordinated almost all of our workouts. I forgot how nice it was to have someone to train with since I typically do a lot of my training solo. Just having someone suffering with you makes it a ton more enjoyable. After Amanda left it was back to training solo except for a couple bike sessions where I rode with Steve Sexton. It's always an adventure riding with Steve. Last Sunday on our 4 hr long ride he managed to flat 3-4 times (i lost count) in about 30 minutes. If you want to read more about this crazy ride go to Steve's website http://www.trisexton.com/.

One thing Steve and I try to do every week is to go out to dinner. It is our attempt to be social in the outside world. Living at the OTC is fantastic, but it is easy to seclude yourself from the rest of the world. I look forward to our dinner dates every week because it means another solid week of training is finished. One place we love to go after our weekly outings is Nuyo. It is this awesome frozen yogurt place. You make your own tasty creation. There are a ton of different flavors and topings that satisfy any craving. Here are some pics of Nuyo:



healthy toppings


After a huge training day... indulging in some froyo




the not so healthy toppings

look at the options!


So tomorrow starts the beginning of another build. I am really excited to get back into training hard. My first race is less than 5 weeks away! I can't believe how fast time goes, but I can't wait to race to see where I am at!




















No comments:

Post a Comment