Sunday, January 17, 2010

Long Overdue Update

Sorry for the update delay, I had good intentions to post something a few weeks ago but it just didn't happen. I was home in Findlay enjoying time with my family, training, and coaching. Here is a little recap of what I have been up to the past month.

I went out to the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California from the middle of November until the first week in December. I absolutely love it there! It was great to see everyone again (I trained in Chula from Jan until June of 09). Everyone is just so nice and helping that it makes for the perfect training environment! It was awesome getting to bike and swim outside after having been inside for months. The running out there is fantastic as well. There are a ton of gravel paths that are perfect footing for running. While I was there I had testing done on the bike and run which is always a good time. I also got a body composition done. After getting the results back, all I thought was how happy I was that it was still November.

After leaving Chula I went back to Findlay for the holidays. I spent a lot of time with my family, trained a lot, and coached. I started coaching our local club swim team (FAST) at the end of October. I coached their youngest group (they are all just beginning to swim competitively). I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it! It is very rewarding coaching young kids because they improve so rapidly and get so excited when they figure things out.

As of today I am back in Chula Vista until Mayish. I spent the past week driving out here from Findlay with my dad. The drive was pretty uneventful, but we did spend a day at the Grand Canyon. It was my second time there and my dad's first. I will post some pictures since my dad took like a thousand. I am excited to be back in Chula and ready to get some awesome training in!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. Best of luck with any goals or new year's resolutions you are trying to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment